Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Resurrection at Christmas

I received word of a death of a member's father yesterday.   What a sad time for the family.   Years ago my Grandma McCormick died on Christmas Day in 1963.   It was a sad time for my mother and rest of my family.    As I thought about families who have loved ones die during the holidays, it is indeed a sad, difficult time.  So many mixed emotions.   And yet, we can have joy because of Jesus.  For the message of Christmas is the God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son to be our Savior.   Christ came to live, die and rise again so that all who believe in Him will rise with Him and live forever with HIm.   Because of Jesus we can have joy in the midst of sadness.  Christ was born, He lived, He died, He has risen. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment