Friday, November 16, 2018

Giving Thanks

From Psalm 54 we read: "With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you; I will give thanks to Your name, O Lord, for it is good.  For he has delivered me from every trouble, and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies."

The Psalmist says that he will thank the Lord, for the Lord has delivered him from every trouble and his own eye has looked in triumph over his enemies.   I am reminded when I read this that Moses and the people of Israel were pursued by their enemies as they fled from Egypt.  And the Lord delivered His people from their enemies.  The Lord fought the battles for them and the Lord achieved the victory.  

In the same way, Jesus delivered us from the power of sin, Satan, and death.    By His sacrificial life, death, and victorious resurrection He has won an overwhelming victory for all who believe in Him.  And that is not all.   He continues to be with us, to be our ever present Help in time of need.  No matter what problem we face the Lord is on our side.  He calls us to trust in Him, for He will deliver us from every trouble.  And because of what the Lord has done and continues to do to help us, we can and will give thanks to the Lord.  He is good.  His mercy lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment