Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Walking in wisdom

I try to read a chapter from Proverbs a day.   Today I read Proverbs 28 and as I was reading, my attention was focused on verse 26: "Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered."  My Grandpa Davidson wrote a note to all of his grandsons when he was alive, encouraging us to all read a chapter of Proverbs a day, he also encouraged us to read the Psalms regularly (hence my little blog post yesterday).  Grandpa said that if you want to walk in wisdom, you need to read God's wisdom, which is revealed in the Bible and the book of Proverbs.    To be truly wise is to have the wisdom of God, leaning not on your own understanding but receiving God's wisdom as a gift.   That gift is Jesus Christ, and whoever trusts and focuses on the words of Christ will become wise in the eyes of the Lord.   The world may think of this as foolishness (the Apostle Paul addresses this in 1 Corinthians 1) but true wisdom is found in Christ, His Cross, and His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment