Thursday, November 8, 2018

My DNA

I recently received a gift from a member that researched my DNA to determine my ancestry.   After submitting my saliva sample, the results came back that I am 75% Scotch-Irish.  Tell me something I don't know (insert LOL smily face here).   I was told by my parents that this was my background and it is good to know that they weren't lying, although my grandma McCormick insisted that she was part American Indian (and this didn't show up in the DNA test, so sorry, Grandma Mac).   While it is interesting to see the results, my thoughts turn into thanksgiving, not just for my ancestry, but for the godly influences I have had from my family over the years.    I am a pastor because I had parents and grandparents who were Christian and who influenced me to enter the ministry.    So while my roots are from Scotland and Ireland (and part Scandinavian) my spiritual roots lie in ancestors who believed and lived for Jesus.  Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment